Deaf Services recognises the important role the organisation plays as a member of the community, and is committed to supporting Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians as well as selected activities and organisations which benefit the community.
Through our Sponsorships, Grants and Partnerships program Deaf Services aims to support the community members of the Deaf community to achieve their goals, whether they be recreational, career-oriented or wellbeing focused. Recognised Deaf groups are also eligible.
Who can apply?
The Deaf Services Grants program is open to Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing community members and those people who support them.
Organisations may apply for sponsorship of their project or event, if they can demonstrate a direct benifit to the Deaf community.
What support is available?
The program supports the delivery of grant and sponsorship funding in 4 categories:
- Individuals and Groups (Best for Deaf community members) - The Individuals and Groups stream supports personal or community projects that can demonstrate value to the Deaf community as a whole.
- Community Events - The Community Events stream provides funding or in-kind support to events delivered by or for the Deaf community, or events that want to improve their language access to be accessible to Deaf people.
- Partnership Building - Partnership Building support is provided to organisations who wish to develop a long term association with Deaf Services. Partnership arrangements will involve ongoing mutually beneficial support beyond a single project or event and will have the capacity to run over the longer term.
- Service Growth (Available internally to Deaf Services only) - Through this category the grants program has proudly supported the development of a range of new service offerings and projects throughout Deaf Services.
COVID-19 and sponsorship applications
Currently Deaf Services are accepting sponsorship and grant applications in a 5th category:
Community Connection - Deaf Services is looking to fund projects and innitiatives which assist with bringing the Deaf community together during COVID-19 through the use of technology or other communication methods. Please note in your email or application if you would like to be considered under this stream.
How do I apply?
Each applicant is required to complete an Application Form and detail their project or goal and the costs involved in achieving this. Applications will be assessed by Deaf Services on a case by case basis and will consider:
- The project itself and its benifits
- The financial value of the project
- The financial support which has been provided to the individual or organisation within the same calendar year.
What are the submission deadlines?
You can submit an application form at any time. Please ensure you allow no less than six weeks prior to your event, activity or project funding deadline for us our team to review your application.
In addition to any sponsorship package benifits provided through the funding processes all recipients are asked to work with Deaf Services in crafting a story outlining the project, and how the support provided assisted in its completion.
To submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application form to Deaf Services - PO Box 465, Moorooka 4105.
If you have any questions regarding the Sponsorships Grants and Partnerships program please email email@example.com or phone 07 3892 8500 (voice) or 07 3892 8501 (TTY).