Deaf Services is a leading not-for-profit organisation, providing support to Deaf and hard of hearing Australian's across all age groups.
With a vision of individuals and community empowered, connected and achieving, Deaf Services delivers programs and supports to enable the Deaf community to live full and independent lives.
Deaf Services works with all Australians to create a more inclusive and accessible community through information referrals, advocacy and education.
With over 110 years of experience working with Deaf Australians, Deaf Services continues to deliver for the community as a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and an approved provider of home care for seniors.
Ageing Well Support Workers - NSW (Casual)
The Ageing Well service at Deaf Services improves the quality of life, independence and personal well-being of Deaf and hard of hearing seniors through supporting their daily activities, encouraging social participation, community connectedness and ensuring their environmental safety.
About the Role:
Deaf Services is currently seeking a casual Support Worker for their Ageing Well team in NSW, to provide individualised support and service to clients', and enable them to live as independently as possible in their homes.
The role will work with and support the client to maintain their personal wellbeing, functionality, social connections and to also assist the client with daily activities. Key responsibilities will be helping clients' with cleaning, shopping, meal preparation, personal care and recreational activities.
- Auslan competency required;
- Certificate III in Community Services (Disability/Aged Care/Community Services) or other relevant qualification (or equivalent work experience);
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate in Auslan;
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within 3 months of commencing employment;
- Current New South Wales Driver’s Licence ;
- Knowledge of the Home Care Standards and Consumer Directed Care (CDC); and
- Use of private car may be necessary as part of your work.
Required hours of work will be variable to suit the clients' needs.
Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria in the position description, an up-to-date resume and an application form. Please email your application to: email@example.com
For further information please contact Jacqui Cooper, Human Resources Support Officer on 07 3892 8534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Until the position has been filled.
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.