Deaf Services is a leading not-for-profit organisation, providing support to Deaf and hard of hearing Australian's across all age groups.
In October 2020 Deaf Services Limited and the Deaf Society merged to form Australia’s largest whole-of-life service provider for the Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing communities.
With shared history, vision and strengths, as well as over 200 years of proven community support, Deaf Services and the Deaf Society stands with the Deaf community - delivering services across the east coast as well as Auslan interpreting and advocacy nationally.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we drastically increase our scope and enter a period of dynamic growth.
Ageing Well Support Worker - Brisbane
About the Ageing Well Team:
Ageing Well provides support to the Deaf and hard of hearing community for clients 65 years and over to maintain an independent lifestyle in their own homes. Our Ageing Well team provides a range of in home care support and services to achieve client goals and aspirations. Our team culture is positive and respectful with a focus on supporting each other to deliver high quality services to clients in a compassionate and caring way.
As an Ageing Well Support Worker, you will be an integral part of a team that prides itself on delivering quality care and achieving outcomes for clients in line with the Aged Care quality standards.
About the Role:
Ageing Well currently has a vacancy for a dedicated casual support worker in the greater Brisbane region who is committed to providing high quality care to the elderly across a range of in home care services. Hours vary from Monday to Friday with weekend and after hours’ work required.
The role would suit a person experienced in working with the elderly providing personalised support centred care including meal preparation, cleaning and shopping with clients as well as supporting clients to engage in community life.
Capacity to communicate with clients in Auslan will be highly regarded. A willingness to learn Auslan is essential.
- Certificate III in Community Services (Disability/Aged Care/Community Services) or other relevant qualification (or equivalent work experience
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate in Auslan (or willingness to learn within 3 months of commencing employment)
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within 3 months of commencing employment
- Current Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and Consumer Directed Care (CDC
- Use of private car is necessary as part of your work
- National Police Check or NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Experience working with Deaf people
- Experience working with older people and an understanding of the support needs of aged people
- Experience working as part of a team
As a not-for-profit, Deaf Services offers a range of benefits including salary packaging, reduced taxable income and membership to Team Advantage, our staff benefits program.
Applicants are required to complete a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, an application form and a current resume and email to email@example.com.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07 3892 8587.
Applications close when the position has been filled.
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.