Deaf Services Queensland is a state wide community based organisation that has provided services to the Queensland Deaf Community since 1903.
Auslan Teachers - Accredited Training
The successful candidates will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and evaluation of accredited Auslan classes at Access Training and Education (the Registered Training Organisation at Deaf Services Queensland) as allocated by the RTO Manager.
The desirable candidates will deliver, prepare and evaluate accredited Auslan classes at Access Training and Education, and also maintain accurate records of course documentation and student records.
- Qualifications in education and training, including Certificate IV in TAE40110
- Relevant study/ currency in your area of expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Australian Skills Quality Authority, training packaging requirments, AVETMISS and experience with government funded programs
- Demonstrated experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of education activities
- Experience working with Training Packages, Accrediated Courses and Curriculum
- Fluent in Auslan
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to adapt and modify a range of teaching strategies/ resources to meet student need and curriculum requirements
- The ability to effectively use technology for both face to face, video conferences and online delivery of Auslan programs.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Course development experience
- Experience teaching in either the Certificates in Auslan or the Diploma of Interpreting
- Detailed knowledge of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) - and Australian Quality Framework (AQF) requirements for RTO's.
To apply: Please send through a current CV, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in the position description and a completed application form located at the bottom of this page.
For further information please contact Jacqui Cooper, Human Resources Support Officer on voice: 07 3892 8500, TTY: 07 3792 8501 or email email@example.com
Please note applications will close once this position has been filled.