Deaf Services is a state wide community based organisation that has provided services to the Qld Deaf Community since 1903.
Access Training and Education (RTO #41192) the Registered Training Organisation at Deaf Services, delivers the complete accredited pathway in Auslan as well as the PSP50916 Diploma of Interpreting. These qualifications are nationally recognised by employers and other educational facilities.
Casual Trainers - Diploma of Interpreting
Due to significant growth in the number of courses we are delivering, we are looking to extend our current teaching pool. Access Training and Education is seeking to engage Casual Trainers to deliver the teaching program for the PSP50916 Diploma of Interpreting. Key responsibilities will include;
- Prepare and deliver training on the Diploma of Interpreting course as required
- Assess student competency against training package requirements
- Collaborate with the teaching team to ensure continuing and consistency across the delivery
- Develop strategies to maintain high completion rates by monitoring student progress and reviewing assessment tasks with teachers
- Maintain accurate and up to date class/program records which are compliant with Access Training and Education and ASQA quality standards
- Work with RTO Manager to develop creative and innovate ways to support interpreter development across
This appointment will be on a casual basis to meet the needs of the program. Expected hours of work will include night work and occasional weekend work. Also some VC delivery/ online course facilitation work is also required.
Applicants must possess Certificate IV in TAE40110 and be working towards transitioning to the new TAE40116, relevant study/currency in interpreting including NAATI accreditation, certification or recognition in interpreting, demonstrated understanding of ASQA requirements, and experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of vocational education activities.
Employee benefits at Deaf Services include working in a friendly, professional work environment, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging arrangements.
Applicants should include a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria in the position description, an up-to-date resume and an application form.
For further information please call Jacqui Cooper, Human Resources Support Officer on voice: 07 3892 8534, TTY: 07 3792 8501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Please note applications will close once this position has been filled.
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.