In October 2020 Deaf Services Limited and the Deaf Society merged to form Australia’s largest whole-of-life service provider for the Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing communities across all age groups in Australia.
With a shared vision of individuals and community empowered, connected and achieving, Deaf Services and Deaf Society deliver programs and supports to enable the Deaf community to live full and independent lives. We also work with all Australians to create a more inclusive and accessible community through information referrals, advocacy and education.
With shared history, vision and strengths, as well as over 200 years of proven community support, Deaf Services and the Deaf Society stands with the Deaf community - delivering services across the east coast as well as Auslan interpreting and advocacy services nationally.
This is an exciting time for our organisation as we enter a period of dynamic growth. Deaf Services is expanding its programs and services and continuing to deliver for the community as a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and an approved provider of home care services for seniors.
Contact Centre Officer - Alderley
About the Sales Team
The Contact Centre Sales team is the fundraising arm of Deaf Services managing the Deaf Lottery Australia, whilst also promoting Deaf Services to the greater community. Every ticket purchased supports the delivery of programs and services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Our team culture is inclusive, innovative and supportive with a shared drive and passion to achieve sales growth, knowing that our contribution makes a difference in the lives of Deaf Australians.
We are excited to be recruiting for a number of full-time and part-time Contact Centre Officer roles to work in our Sales team at our busy and thriving Contact Centre located at our Alderley office.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous call/contact centre experience with high volume outbound sales
- Self-motivated to meet and exceed sales targets
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Confident on the phone – have the ability to build rapport with our supporters
- Committed and reliable with a strong work ethic
In the role of Contact Centre Officer, you will be servicing both outbound & inbound calls and will be responsible for:
- High volume outbound & inbound lottery ticket sales
- Convert new & existing supporters into ongoing VIP members
- Provide accurate product & service information
- Maintaining current and accurate customer information
- Compliance through adherence to policies, procedures & scripting
- Manage & resolve customer enquiries effectively
What we offer
- Opportunity to earn uncapped bonuses
- Salary packaging benefits available as a Not-For-Profit
- Reduced taxable income
- Membership to Team Advantage, our staff benefits program
- On-the-job training with ongoing coaching and development
Applicants are required to complete a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, an application form and a current resume and email to Team.Leaders@deafservices.org.au
For further information please email Team.Leaders@deafservices.org.au or phone: 07 3361 1308
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.