Deaf Services is a leading not-for-profit organisation, providing support to Deaf and hard of hearing Australian's across all age groups.
With a vision of individuals and community empowered, connected and achieving, Deaf Services delivers programs and supports to enable the Deaf community to live full and independent lives.
Deaf Services works with all Australians to create a more inclusive and accessible community through information referrals, advocacy and education.
With over 110 years of experience working with Deaf Australians, Deaf Services continues to deliver for the community as a registered service provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and an approved provider of home care for seniors.
Lifestyle Support Services Support Worker - Alderley
(including work/travel to other locations as required)
About Lifestyle Support Services TEAM
Lifestyle Support Services provides support for Deaf and hard of hearing individuals to live independently, manage their daily activities and to maximise inclusion in community and social activities. Our LSS team provides a range of support services advice and tailored programs to support participants to achieve their goals and aspirations. Our team culture is positive and respectful with a focus on supporting each other to deliver high quality services to participants in a compassionate and caring way.
About the Role
Lifestyle Support Services (LSS) currently has a number of casual Support Worker vacancies in the Greater Brisbane and Ipswich areas. Shifts include weekday, weekend and sleepovers.
This role would suit a person who is passionate about delivery high quality care and support for individuals with a disability who are also consumers of Deaf Services. Experience in supporting individuals to build their independence and daily living skills would be ideal.
A willingness to learn Auslan and communicate with staff and participants in Auslan will be highly regarded.
- Genuine desire to provide high quality support for people with disabilities and an understanding of person centred supports
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a very busy environment and to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of the Disability Services Act 2006 (Qld) and NDIS Code of Conduct
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within 3 months of commencing employment
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation
- Current Driver’s Licence and use of private car
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability/Aged Care) or other relevant qualification
- Supported Accommodation work experience
- Ability to communicate in Auslan
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people
As a not-for-profit, Deaf Services offers a range of benefits including salary packaging, reduced taxable income and membership to Team Advantage, our staff benefits program.
Applicants are required to complete a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, an application form and a current resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information please email email@example.com or phone: 07 3892 8587.
Applications close when the position has been filled.
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.