Deaf Services is a leading not-for-proffit organisation, providing support to Deaf and hard of hearing Australian’s across all age groups.
About Deaf Services and The Deaf Society
In October 2020 Deaf Services Limited and the Deaf Society merged to form Australia’s largest whole-of-life service provider for the Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing communities.
With shared history, vision and strengths, as well as over 200 years of proven community support, Deaf Services and the Deaf Society stands with the Deaf community - delivering services across the east coast as well as Auslan interpreting and advocacy nationally. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we drastically increase our scope and enter a period of dynamic growth.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
• Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
• Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
• Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
• Free annual flu vaccinations
• Free comprehensive online learning portal
• Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
• Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf Australians.
The Lifestyle Support Worker's role is to provide individualised training and support services aimed at maximising the living, social and recreational skills of people with a disability who are also consumers of Deaf Services. Community inclusion, independence, decision making and personal choice should be promoted through these supports, with a focus on individual strengths and the goals outlined in their support or NDIS plan.
The Lifestyle Support Worker is responsible for supporting participants to develop desired skills as set out in their individual and NDIS plan such as cooking, nutrition, personal care, budgeting, shopping, domestic skills, maintaining tenancy, and using public transport.
- Genuine desire to provide high quality support for people with disabilities and an understanding of person centred supports
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a very busy environment and to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of the Disability Services Act 2006 (Qld) and NDIS Code of Conduct
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within 3 months of commencing employment
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation
- Current Driver’s Licence and use of private car
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability/Aged Care) or other relevant qualification
- Supported Accommodation work experience
- Ability to communicate in Auslan
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people
Closing date: Once the position has been filled.
For more information please contact Jacqui Cooper, HR Support Officer on 07 3892 8534 or email email@example.com
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer.