Deaf Services and The Deaf Society are currently seeking dedicated Disability Support Worker’s to provide support for Deaf and hard of hearing individuals to live independently, manage their daily activities and to maximise inclusion in community and social activities.
You will be responsible for supporting our participants to develop desired skills as set out in their individual and NDIS plan such as cooking, nutrition, personal care, budgeting, shopping, domestic skills, maintaining tenancy, and using public transport.
We are seeking dedicated support workers who are reliable, able to work independently, have great communication and interpersonal skills and are passionate about truly making a difference to Deaf Services participant’s lives.
The ideal candidate/s will have:
- NDIS Worker Screening Card (or willingness to obtain this prior to commencement)
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation
- Current Driver’s Licence and use of private car
- Ability to communicate in Auslan (or willingness to learn)
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality issues
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain certificate within 3 months of commencing employment)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability/Aged Care) or other relevant qualification (desirable)
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people (desirable)
Joining our team, you will be provided with:
- Flexibility in hours
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Ongoing training and development support
- Salary Packaging benefits (reduction in taxable income)
- Position with purpose, rewarding position whereby you will be making a difference!
Hourly Casual Rate: $28.57 - $37.54 per hour + penalties (dependent on qualification and experience)
In October 2020 Deaf Services Limited and the Deaf Society merged to form Australia’s largest whole-of-life service provider for the Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing communities.
With shared history, vision and strengths, as well as over 200 years of proven community support, Deaf Services and the Deaf Society stands with the Deaf community - delivering services across the east coast as well as Auslan interpreting and advocacy nationally.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we drastically increase our scope and enter a period of dynamic growth
Applicants are required to complete a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, an application form and a current resume and email to email@example.com
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when the position has been filled
You will be required to have a current NDIS Worker Check to be able to commence employment in this position.
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer