Deaf Services and The Deaf Society are currently seeking a strong rostering administrator on a maximum term contract (10 months) to support the 1:1 Support team to deliver accurate, timely and client centred support through the scheduling of disability support staff and resources to meet the needs of Deaf Services participants.
About The Role
As a key member of the 1:1 Support team, you will be responsible for scheduling service delivery, support services and allocation of staff. You will prepare, allocate and distribute rosters in accordance with service agreements and suitability of required staff. Allocate fleet vehicles, record travel and manage logistics of programs. In addition to administering the time and attendance, staff leave, training and other staff related administration.
If you pride yourself on your customer service, strong attention to detail, efficient time management and drive to deliver the best outcomes, this role would be perfect for you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of rostering and scheduling practices
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply Award, NES Employment Standards and Legislative requirements
- Highly developed engagement and communication skills, including negotiation and advocacy skills
- High degree of problem solving skills including conflict resolution
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- High level of computer literacy
- Positive and flexible attitude
It will also be advantageous if you have:
- Working knowledge of Sandwai or other rostering systems
- Knowledge of deaf community, culture and language
- Conversational Auslan skills, or willingness to learn
In October 2020 Deaf Services Limited and the Deaf Society merged to form Australia’s largest whole-of-life service provider for the Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing communities.
With shared history, vision and strengths, as well as over 200 years of proven community support, Deaf Services and the Deaf Society stands with the Deaf community - delivering services across the east coast as well as Auslan interpreting and advocacy nationally. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we drastically increase our scope and enter a period of dynamic growth.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How To Apply
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 5th September 2021
Deaf Services is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a current NDIS WC prior to commencement.