Course code: PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan (Deaf Cohort)
PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan qualification provides signing skills to communicate in Auslan fluently and spontaneously across a wide range of subjects. Communication may take place in any situation including personal, public, social, employment and educational domains.
Please see proposed details for delivery for 2019. These details may be subject to change.
- Full Fee $5,500
- Subsidised Price $2,232*
*The Auslan Interpreter Funding Strategy subsidy is funded by the Queensland Government and available to eligible participants. To be eligible, you must have aspirations to complete the PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan, PSP30218 Certificate III in Auslan, PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan and PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan and sign a declaration form to this effect (the declaration form can be found on the last page of online enrolment form). There are no restrictions regarding prior qualifications. Eligibility Criteria
- 40 Weeks
- Commencing 5th February 2019
- Tuesday Nights: 6pm to 8.30pm (40 weeks)
- Additional Full Weekend Workshops.
- Training will be provided in an immersive Auslan environment
Students must be able to provide sufficient evidence to prove skills and knowledge in a number of Auslan language areas. Contact us prior to enrolment to confirm eligibility.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course is specifically designed for participants who are fluent in Auslan and bring a significant amount of lived experience and prior knowledge about the community and Auslan to their study.
Participants will undergo RPL to demonstrate competency in all of the language units for the PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan to PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan. The theory units from each qualification will be delivered face to face through evening classes and weekend workshops.
ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Understand a wide range of demanding, long texts, and recognise implicit meaning
- Express him or herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- PSPLAN001 Converse in Auslan at a basic user level
- PSPLAN002 Compare the fundamental differences between Auslan and English structure
- PSPLAN003 Source information on Deaf culture, and communicate according to Deaf protocol
- PSPLAN004 Converse in Auslan at an independent user level (familiar subjects)
- PSPLAN005 Analyse the structure of Auslan signs
- PSPLAN006 Research the development of educational and social conditions for Australian Deaf communities
- PSPLAN007 Converse in Auslan at an independent user level (abstract and concrete notions)
- PSPLAN008 Compare the structure of sentences in Auslan and English
- PSPLAN012 Converse in Auslan at a proficient user level
- PSPLAN013 Analyse the semantics and sociolinguistics of Auslan
- PSPLAN009 Compare other sign language to Auslan
- PSPLAN014 Convey information between Auslan and English
Participants will undergo RPL to demonstrate competency in all of the language units for PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan, PSP30218 Certificate III in Auslan, PSP408108 Certificate IV in Auslan and the PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan.
**There will be a requirement from student’s to complete extra hours outside of the standard class delivery to make up enough hours for the course. This can be done by attending community events and weekend workshops etc.
VENUE FOR DELIVERY
The Diploma of Auslan night classes will be held at Deaf Services (915 Ipswich Rd, Moorooka).
For full paying students, a deposit of 20% of full fee is due upon acceptance into the course with the balance as per individual payment plans.
For students accessing the subsidy, full payment of the student co-contribution fee is required upon acceptance into the course.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US ON STUDY@ACCESSTRAINING.EDU.AU
Access Training and Education RTO#41192.