Course code: PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan
The PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan enables people who come into contact with Auslan users in their workplaces or community settings to expand their skills and enhance their employment opportunities.
Semester 2, 2019 Online Enrolments are NOW OPEN
Please see proposed details for delivery for 2019. These details may be subject to change.
- Full Fee $3,250
- Subsidised Price $650 (Non-concessional)*
- Subsidised Price $325 (Concession)*
*The Auslan Interpreter Funding Strategy subsidy is funded by the Queensland Government and available to eligible participants. To be eligible, you must have aspirations to complete the PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan, PSP30218 Certificate III in Auslan, PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan and PSP51018 Diploma of Auslan and sign a declaration form to this effect (the declaration form can be found on the last page of online enrolment form). There are no restrictions regarding prior qualifications. Eligibility Criteria
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This qualification provides signing skills to communicate in Auslan with a degree of fluency and spontaneity across a wide range of subjects. Communication may take place in any situation including personal, public, social, employment and educational domains.
- Starts 16th July 2019
- 20 Weeks
- Day/Night & Regional Courses
- Training will be provided in an immersive Auslan environment
- Friday: 9am to 2.30pm - Commencing 19th July 2019 - (FULL)
- Friday: 9am to 2.30pm - Commencing 19th July 2019 2nd class offered
- Tues & Thurs: 6pm to 8:30pm - Commencing 16th July 2019 - (Limited Places)
- Thursday: 9am to 2:30pm - Commencing 18th July 2019
- Thursday: 6pm to 8:30pm - Commencing18th July 2019 + 3 additional weekend workshops
For students accessing funding you must have successfully completed Certificate II in Auslan and Certificate III in Auslan to be able to enrol in to PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan.
For RPL students who have not previously completed Certificate II in Auslan & Certificate III in Auslan, you must RPL PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan & PSP30218 Certificate III in Auslan before being eligible to enrol in to PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan, please contact us before enrolling to discuss.
ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his or her field of specialisation
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native/proficient signers.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects to explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advatages and disadvantages of various options
- PSPLAN001 Converse in Auslan at a basic user level
- PSPLAN002 Compare the fundamental differences between Auslan and English structure
- PSPLAN003 Source information on Deaf culture, and communicate according to Deaf protocol
- PSPLAN004 Converse in Auslan at an independent user level (familiar subjects)
- PSPLAN005 Analyse the structure of Auslan signs
- PSPLAN006 Research the development of educational and social conditions for Australian Deaf communities
- PSPLAN007 Converse in Auslan at an independent user level (abstract and concrete notions)
- PSPLAN008 Compare the structure of sentences in Auslan and English
- PLPLAN009 Compare other sign language to Auslan
** Students who hold the old VU units of competency will be required to complete some additional Gap Training to achieve PSP40818 at the end of course completion. This will be completed online throughout the 20 week delivery.
DURATION AND DELIVERY
The 20 week course will total 5 hrs face to face per week. Delivery is blended and consists of face to face classes and self-paced online learning through a student portal. Minimum Course numbers are required for courses to go ahead.
Regional Weekend Workshop hours: Friday 6pm to 9pm; Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday 9am to 3pm
- Bundaberg Weekend Workshops: 9th to 11th August; 13th to 15th September; 25th to 27th October
- Mackay Weekend Workshops: 16th to 18th August; 1st to 3rd November; 22nd to 24th November
**There will be a requirement from students to complete extra hours outside of the standard class delivery to make up enough hours for the course. This can be done by attending community events and weekend workshops etc.
VENUE FOR DELIVERY
- Brisbane South Day Course: Deaf Service, 915 Ipswich Rd, Moorooka
- Brisbane South Night Course: Our Lady’s College, 15 Chester Street, Annerley
- Brisbane North Day Course: Deaf Lottery, 467 Enoggera Rd, Alderley
- Mackay: Deaf Services, 34 Hamlet St, Mackay
For full paying students, a deposit of 20% of full fee is due upon acceptance into the course with the balance as per individual payment plans.
For students accessing the subsidy, full payment of the student co-contribution fee is required upon acceptance into the course.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US ON STUDY@accesstraining.edu.au OR CALL US ON
07 3892 8539.
Access Training and Education RTO#41192