Undertaking a TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course will teach you how to deliver and assess vocational qualifications in a classroom as well as in a workplace training setting.
This is the qualification you need if you want to teach in the VET sector and deliver Auslan qualifications. This is an intensive course that covers 10 units and requires both an attendance commitment and commitment to home study.
Click here to view this information in Auslan.
Access Training & Education through Deaf Services Ltd have received funding under a project with WorkAbility Qld and by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT). This funding means we can engage another Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to provide the TAE course at no cost to you.
MRWED (#30146) is the RTO chosen to deliver the TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course to a deaf only group.
Access Training & Education will work with MRWED to ensure an accessible and supportive learning environment.
- MRWED TAE trainers will deliver the course with in-class support from a Deaf trainer who is an experienced trainer and holds the TAE qualification
- The course is a Deaf only cohort with additional time for discussion and unpacking of key concepts
- Auslan/English interpreters will be present in the classroom for the duration of the course
- Extra support for completing assessment tasks will be available
- The course is being delivered face to face in Brisbane with the option of block weeks should regional people wish to join the course
Find out more information about the qualification and what it involves here: Certificate IV Training & Assessment TAE40116 - MRWED
- You need to be fluent in Auslan
- You need to have successfully completed the Unit of Competency PSPLAN012 – Converse in Auslan at a proficient user level or be willing to complete it. *
- You must be a permanent Queensland resident *
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold an eligible visa*
- You must be 15 years of age or older but cannot be attending secondary school *
Please note: temporary or permanent employees of government Departments are not eligible for this opportunity. Consideration may be given to temporary employees on a case –by-case basis at the discretion of the Department.
This will be provided at no additional cost to you.
This course will be delivered face-to-face in Brisbane at 460/492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107.
View map here
How to Apply
To express interest in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume including a one-page cover letter that explains your interest in this opportunity, how you meet the eligibility criteria and the group you’d like to join to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide photographic evidence of the eligibility requirements marked with an asterisk (*). After you have submitted your expression of interest, someone from the team will contact you to arrange an interview to discuss your application more fully.
For more information on the qualification visit the MRWED website here: Certificate IV Training & Assessment TAE40110 - MRWED or email us at email@example.com.
Applications close 14th of May. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applying for this opportunity does not guarantee acceptance into the course. Places will be made based on availability of positions and suitability.