Lifestyle Support Services (LSS) provides the Deaf and hard of hearing community with access to one-on-one support in Auslan for Daily Activities, and Social and Community Participation, allowing participants to learn and develop the skills and confidence to live independent lives.
By supporting participants using their primary language, we aim to reduce the requirement for Auslan interpreters.
We match participants with support workers based on communication, interests and temperament to ensure the best possible outcomes.
The LSS team supports participants using a tailored, holistic and person-centred approach. Our everyday activities include:
- Housekeeping and basic home maintenance
- Navigating public transport
- Shopping and managing finances
- Meal preparation
- Personal Hygiene
- Medical and hospital appointments
- Taking part in social and community activities
For NDIS Participants
If you are currently approved for an NDIS package you may be eligible for daily activities and social and community participation support from Lifestyle Support Services.
Our core supports for NDIS Participants include:
- Assistance with self-care activities
- Assistance with personal domestic activities
- Individual social skills development
- Individual skills development and training, including public transport training and support
- Innovative community participation
- Individual skills development and training
- Assistance with decision making, daily planning and budgeting; and,
- Community participation activities.
Find Out More:
To find out more information or access LSS support please click here and submit your details.